Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

To someone who is turning 21 today


Someone is having his 21st birthday today,

He is the kind of best friend who will argue everyday with me because he knows he is right, but when he is wrong, he admits. A boyfriend who always tells me if I am wrong but acknowledges it if I am right. A partner whom always I could count on to.

We often argue about many things, and I often mad at him about it, but he doesn’t chase me after that because he exactly knows I need that kind of act to make me stronger and more rational. Sometimes people would think that he has lack of empathy and his feeling doesn’t really that matter because he rarely show it, but I know that he has the purest and kindest heart. He cares for many people around him, he would be the one who stands in the front line to help his friend. People would sometime call him flirty and being so nice around girls, but I know he never has any romantic intention towards them. He is just being a nice and kind guy whom everyone could count on to. And I would say I am proud.

He rarely puts me first because he has his life, his goals, his family, his parents, his health, his sibling, his friends. I understand those are way more important and I am glad he do that. He never updates any kind of our relationship things because I am not his shiny toy, he wants to keep me safe and special only for him. He rarely remembers any specific things that I told him but he remembers what his responsibilities and what he should do about that. He never really tells me his real problems but he sometimes shares his favorite songs to me.

I never know how he tells his family and his friend about me, but I could see how his eyes sparks every time he tells me story about them, I could feel how he loves his family and his friends, I could tell he’s very grateful to have them around. He rarely whispers sweet things to me, he rarely gives me flowers and chocolates, but he immediately answers my calls when I need him the most, and he was there when I am in my first day of period, when I am in trouble, when I am not feeling good to get up from my bed, and when I am crying in the middle of the night.

I know sometimes he could be a real pain in the ass. I know he could be really hard to understand. I know how sometimes he upsets me for being too rational. I sometimes angry when he can’t remember things about me, I sometimes feel uneasy when he chooses everything rather than me, I sometimes mad when he doesn’t agree with my thoughts, I sometimes doubt him when he can’t understand and provide what I really want. He may have no idea about what I want, but at least he knows exactly what I need, and that's all for now.

With him, I realize love was not all about him telling me every day that he loves me, flowers and surprises at my doors, cheesy words in the letter specifically for me, and enslaving his entire self for me. He is the person who doesn’t want to disappoint anyone, he just wants to do his best for himself, his family, his friends, and for the world. He just wants to safeguards the people he cares about. He just wants to do his best for the people he loves dearly. And I am proud of him. I am a delighted best friend, blessed girlfriend, and a proud partner.

Happy 21st birthday, baby. I wish you all the best thing the world could provide because you truly deserve that. And also, you deserve to be loved by many people. For your kindest heart, your beautiful souls, your purest acts.

And if one day we won’t end up together, you are still the best thing that ever happen in my life.

I thank the universe for your existence. Happiest birthday.

Yours,

Ginan



Look how awkward yet lovely you are

I am glad to have you around




To more roadtrips and adventures!








1 comment: